Sunday, December 21, 2014

How to make the new OG Sick At Home set

Hello peoples! Have you seen the new Our generation Sick at Home set? It's the cutest thing ever!!! I really want it, but I'm not going to Target anytime soon. So today, I will show you how to make your own version of it!
Our Generation Home Accessory Set - Sick at Home
Sorry the picture is blurry, but this is what the set from OG looks like.


Ok! You will need:
Gray, light blue, and white clay
Felt (tan is best, but I just used what I had)
Brown felt
Red felt
Scrapbook paper
Mod podge (optional)
Paintbrush (optional)
Tissue



Take your white and gray clay and squish it into a shape like this.

Take a bit of blue clay and smush it down to make it really thin.

Smush it onto your white piece, and now you have a thermometer! Bake according to the instructions on the box.
When it dries, cover it in Mod Podge to make it shiny! (This is optional)
Ok! Now for the tissue box.
 Take a square of pretty paper and....

Draw a square on it. I used a ruler, but you could try and freesketch it.

Draw a pattern on it like this. I freesketched the tabs, but not the sides. Try to make all your sides even.

Cut that out, and then fold on all the lines drawn.

 Put glue on the free sketched tabs to make a box.


Trace the top of the box on another piece of paper.

Draw tabs like this, and then cut a square out of the center.

Fold down the tabs, then glue it on to the top of the box. Mine didn't stick, so you can use hot glue, or tape, which is what I ended up using.

I covered mine in Mod Podge, but you don't have to do this.

Cut a small piece of a tissue and then stick it into that hole in the box. Your tissue box is now done! (My mod podge isn't all the way dry. When it is all dry, all the white will turn clear)




Cut a circle of felt. This will be your soup, so tan would be best for chicken noodle soup, but I only had red so mine is tomato soup :) 



 Stick the soup in a bowl, and you're done with your soup!

Do the same thing with brown felt for tea. Stick it in a mug.


Congratulations! You are all done with your Sick at home set!

Here is Lillian with her stuff.

Bonus pic of my kitty August! :)

Thanks so much for reading!

  ~Devin








2 comments: