Saturday, January 3, 2015

Fixing up an old Barbie doll! Part 1

Hello! Recently, I was looking through my Barbie doll box, and then I found my old Cinderella doll.

Yes. Poor old Cindy has been through so much over the past 5 or so years. Her face was stained with dirt, her hair was messy and tangly, and her lipstick was chipping off a bit.
  I have seen lots of videos of people fixing up their old dolls, and I've always wanted to fix one! So when I found her, I decided to give her a little makeover!
I know this isn't about AG dolls, but I just really wanted to post this.
So I'm going to show you the process of how I fixed her! (I had to split it into 2 or 3 parts because it would be way too long if i did it all in one post)

The first thing I fixed was her hair. I took it out of the bun it was in.

First, I rinsed out her hair with warm water.

Then I took about this much conditioner and rubbed it in.

Next, I brush out her hair, while still having it underwater. This made it easier to brush.


After that I ran hot water over her hair so it would flatten down a bit more instead of being so poofy.

So now her hair was mostly fixed!

Then I washed her face with body soap. (It's kind of hard to see because it's clear, but I used quite a lot) I scrubbed a lot, and every once in a while I changed the water to get rid of the dirty water. When I was done washing her face, I squeezed and rinsed her head to make sure all the soap was out.

That's all for now! Sorry for the wait for Part 2!

~Devin





No comments:

Post a Comment