Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Best Pancake ever! (a photostory)

Hey guys! Today I would like to share this photo story with you. Sadie is the one narrating. Ok, here it is!

 I woke up on a Saturday morning, feeling all tired and drowsy. But as I walked into the kitchen, I saw something I did not usually see. Molly...up early....cooking?!!

She heard me coming in and she turned around and gave me a warm smile.
"Good morning, Sadie!" she chirped brightly.
"Morning," I mumbled.
"Why are you up so early?" I asked.

"Oh, I just thought it was a beautiful morning and there was no point in wasting it," she answered.

"Oh, and I'm making breakfast," she added, turning to the pan on the stove. She bent down and took a deep sniff of whatever was in the pan. "These are going to be delicious!" she exclaimed.

I turned to the table and saw that Molly had made everyone breakfast.

Yogurt and berries for Gracie...

Eggs and bacon for Sophie...

And muffins and hot chocolate for Rosie.

"So, I see you've made everyone breakfast," I remarked, making myself comfortable in a seat at the table.

"Yep, everyone except you and me," she responded, coming over to the table. She placed a pan where I was sitting and said, "I was hoping you would try this new kind of pancake I invented!"

I stared at it. It didn't look much different from a regular pancake.
"How is it different from a regular pancake, you wonder?" Molly said, like she'd read my mind. "Well.."
"I put the syrup and powdered sugar in the batter!" she shouted happily.
"Are you going to try it?"
I nodded, but tried to hide my reluctance.

"Yay! You're going to love it!" she exclaimed, grabbing a plate for me from the top of the fridge.

She sat down in a chair next to me to watch me eat it.


I held my fork up to my lips, not sure I wanted to try it. Molly wasn't exactly what you would call a good cook.
Finally, I took a bite. And then I could not believe what I tasted.
"Molly!" I exclaimed. "This is the best pancake ever!"

And I wasn't kidding. That is the story of the best pancake ever.

So I hoped you liked that photostory! I'm sorry for the terrible quality of the pictures! I had to turn on the flash because it was too dark, so that's why the lighting changed.
Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed! (I said that already...)

~Devin
 





































6 comments: