Sunday, October 18, 2015

Molly's Halloween costume sewing

Hey guys! Today I was sewing Molly's Halloween costume and I thought I'd show you a couple pictures and how I made it! Enjoy!

 First, I used some felt to make her tail.

I flipped it right side out with a pencil.

Next, I stuck a pipe cleaner in it so it bends. This is way easier said than done. I ended up folding the edge of the pipe cleaner over a safety pin and once it got to the end, I pushed the safety pin out of the tail. It's kind of tricky!

The tail is done!

Now, to make her ears, I stitched on 2 triangles of felt to a rubber band.

I also put on some silver glitter glue!

Sorry for the bad picture! Her finger less gloves were super easy. All I did was sew some stretchy fabric into tubes and then cut a little hole for her thumb.

The costume is done!

Meow.

Being a cat...on the catwalk! :)

Thanks for reading!

~Devin

















4 comments:

  1. OMG!! Yayayayay! Niki is also a cat! She is the same costume as last year!!!! Meowwwwwwwww!!!! Yours is better tho but it's still cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Send me a picture when you can please! :)

      Delete
  2. Great job! Molly looks so cute in her costume!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Molly says thank you too!

      Delete